ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Brown" <abr...@symyx.com>
Subject RE: Distributed <junit> task : best practice...
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:16:08 GMT

I am doing it the way you suggest, complete with subant, but I'd like
all of the test targets to run so I can collate results before deciding
whether the build should stop because of failed tests.

My liberal use of the word 'distributed' led to confusion.

alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 8:23 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Distributed <junit> task : best practice...

> From: Alan [mailto:alanbrown@pacbell.net]
>
> I'm faced with writing a distributed <junit> task (spread over many
> build files).  I'd like it to send out an email and stop the build
> process if there are test failures but there doesn't seem a simple way
> to do it.  I can't use 'failureProperty' because I'm running the junit
> task in many different directories.
>
> The only solution I can think of is to use <propertyfile> to write a
> testsFailed property to the root directory and then read it after all
> the tests are complete.
>
> Is that the best there is or do other people have better solutions?

It sounds like you are taking a difficult and even bizarre approach.

I'd simply have a 'test' target into each individual build files, and
<subant> into them. If any fail, the build will fail.

If by distributed you mean in parallel, I guess you could try <paralle>
with a bunch of <ant> within to call the various 'test' targets, but
that's more complicated.

In any way, there are probably a few options you should explore before
embarking into writing a distributed custom <junit> task. --DD

=======
information of Symyx Technologies, Inc. that may be confidential,
proprietary, copyrighted, privileged and/or protected work product,
and is meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please
contact the sender immediately, permanently delete the original and
any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.