ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Brown" <abr...@symyx.com>
Subject RE: compiling java to a windows executable...
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:57:19 GMT

Nice one!  I spoke with the guy who found that bug and he hadn't thought
it had been fixed and a cursory examination of the source implied it
hadn't been, so I didn't go any further.  Thanks for the pointer.

alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 7:31 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: compiling java to a windows executable...

--- Alan Brown <abrown@symyx.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Rolling my own ant task is what it seemed like I had
> to do.  I'm going
> to create a 'GjcAntTask' to do what I need.  I'm
> surprised though.  I
> would have imagined this to be a not-uncommon desire
> when dealing with
> people who don't want to install the JRE.

WAIT!!!  Before you "roll your own," let me urge you
to re-examine <javac compiler="gcj" ...> with one or
more nested <compilerarg> elements.  Are you using
1.6.2?  There is a change (read the fixed bugs section
of the 1.6.2 WHATSNEW) that allows this.

-Matt

=======
information of Symyx Technologies, Inc. that may be confidential,
proprietary, copyrighted, privileged and/or protected work product,
and is meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please
contact the sender immediately, permanently delete the original and
any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.