ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Brown" <abr...@symyx.com>
Subject OutOfMemory...
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:49:44 GMT

I'm using <subant> with genericAntFile to run an ant task against every
subdirectory.  However, it runs out of memory before finishing.  I've
done some poking around and it seems that <subant> like <antcall> has
some issues with the classLoader that can result in this kind of
problem.  Does anyone know a workaround?  I really want to be able to
use <subant> with genericAntFile if I can, as it really suits my
problem, but my problem isn't well suited to having the task run out of
memory before completion...

Alan

Ps.  Here's my code...

PPS. The custom and task that I wrote is 'null'ed at the end of each use
and I call System.gc() (in hope more than expectation)

<subant target="generateSrcAndSchema"
genericantfile="sourceCodeBuild.xml"

            inheritall="true"

            failonerror="false">

            <dirset dir="${build}">

                <include name="*"/>

            </dirset>

        </subant>

.

.

.

.

<target name="generateSrcAndSchema" depends="defineRc">

            <basename property="currentDir" file="${basedir}"/>

            <rc jar="${schema.jar}"

                  copyright="${schema.copyright}"

                  generateDropScript="false"

                  sqldir="${oraDir}/"

                  metadatadir="${metadataDir}"

                  schemadir="schema"

                  proxydir="${proxyDir}"

                  generateProxies="true"

                  schemaName="${currentDir}2">

                <fileset dir=".">

                   <include name="**/*.meta"/>

                </fileset>

            </redc>

    </target>

.

.

.

.

<target name="defineRc">

        <taskdef name="rc"

                 classpathref="rc.classpath"

                 classname="com.metadata.MetadataCompilerAntTask"/>

    </target>

=======
information of Symyx Technologies, Inc. that may be confidential,
proprietary, copyrighted, privileged and/or protected work product,
and is meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please
contact the sender immediately, permanently delete the original and
any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.