ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CruiseControl, Ant Hill, Build Monkey...
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:45:09 GMT

Alan Brown wrote:

>I've looked into these tools a bit (since being pointed toward them).
>One feature that I would need that isn't obviously apparent is modular
>builds with dependencies.

Have a look at gump. (http://gump.apache.org)
Gump is a build tool which is used to build multiple projects, with
metadata (gump descriptors) describing the inputs and outputs of each
project.
Gump can be used to build any sort of application landscape (but
probably mostly Java Apps with ant build files and CVS or SVN repositories).
I guess with some extension work, gump could also support other project
level make tools than ant and other repositories than cvs or svn.
Anyway, this one is interesting.

Gump is currently used for automated builds of  a large part of the Java
Open Source codebase, including most of the Java projects of the Apache
Software Foundation.

Cruise Control as I see it is a tool to run continuous integration
builds, ie to start builds immediately or near immediately, triggered by
changes in the repository.

Antoine