ant-user mailing list archives

From Hans Deragon <h...@deragon.biz>
Subject Cannot get exclude attribute to work in a dirset.
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:46:11 GMT
Greetings.

  Using 1.6.2 here.  I am trying to exclude any directory which would contain
the string "old" in its name.  Following the snippet of my build.xml:

    <javac debug="on" verbose="off" destdir="${build}">
      <src>
        <dirset dir="/data/devel/java">
          <exclude name="**/*old*/**"/>
          <exclude name="**/*old*"/>
          <exclude name="**/*old"/>
          <exclude name="*old*"/>
        </dirset>
      </src>
    </javac>

  Yet, when I run, I see:

    [javac] StockDB.old/CieDesc.java added as StockDB.old/CieDesc.class
doesn't exist.

  First, anybody has a clue why StockDB.old is included in the list even
though I try to explicitly exclude any "old" directories?

  Second, is there a feature in ant where one could simply test
dirsets/filesets (without coding)?  It would be nice if one could create a
test build.xml file with only dirsets/filesets and have the results printed on
screen, to test if the patterns are ok.

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.     Open source: