ant-user mailing list archives

From "Perkins, Kristian" <Kristian.Perk...@ato.gov.au>
Subject RE: Call task from another task
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 02:00:22 GMT
Here would be what I would do:

Put the method in another utility class C and pass in the
ProjectComponent object you want to log to as an argument. So:

class C {
	static Object utilMeth(ProjectComponent logContext) {
	  // do stuff
	  if (logContext != null)
		logContext.log("logging now");
	}
}

class A extends Task {
	execute(){
	  C.utilMeth(this);
	}
}

.. B is similar to A.

Or again with the method in class C, make A and B inherit from C.  So:

abstract class C extends Task {
	Object utilMeth() {
		log("logging now");
	}
}

Class A extends C {

	void execute() {
	    utilMeth();
	}
}

.. and again similar for class B (it could also be static similar to
first e.g.).

Kristian