ant-user mailing list archives

From "Perkins, Kristian" <Kristian.Perk...@ato.gov.au>
Subject RE: AW: AW: Ant Input and InputHandlers
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:57:16 GMT
Good work,

I have been thinking of doing something similar myself using the
password masking example at:
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Security/pwordmask/.
This code doesn't give any answers to the printing of the extra mask
char at the beginning, but it does not mask the enter key, so you could
check that out.  Note also that the priority of the masking thread is
maxed out to make sure masking always happens straight away.

I had envisioned my password input task being unrelated to the input
task so the setting of a property not being required. Rather the
password input task could be nested within other tasks, or allow other
tasks requiring a password to be nested within it, e.g.

<!-- sshexec is just used as a random task as an example use of the
password task -->
<sshexec host="somehost"
	username="dude"
	command="touch somefile">
		<!-- Password entered here -->
		<password message="Enter your password now! : "/>
<!-- End of task requiring password, password is thrown away -->
</sshexec>

An alternative is to make sure that you execute the target containing
the password task (which sets a property) within an <antcall> so as to
limit the scope of the property that is set.

Kristian