ant-user mailing list archives

From Mr Pink <mr_pink_is_the_only_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: custom task calls classes with logging = NPE
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:28:30 GMT
Hi Jan,

> You are hiding the project variable:
>
> PC has a protected variable with public getter+setter.
> Your class has a private variable and a public setter.
>
> That results that YourTask.setProject() will set the private member
> and the inherited YourTask.getProject() will return the inherited
> protected member - which never will be set ...

Yep, that's right. It took me a while but I did finally realize that. It was basically an
oversight on my part. I'll make the excuse that I was learning all this in the time I should
have
been goofing off and recovering from my real job :)

Still, I'd like to make the point that the example of the task that doesn't extend task probably
doesn't belong there. Just my opinion of course, but I see it as more of a curiosity, possibly
of
interest to advanced user with specific needs, maybe. Is there any good reason why anyone
would
want to (need to?) create a task that doesn't extend Task? I can't imagine...

thanks again regards
Mr Pink