ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Rich" <billr...@attglobal.net>
Subject RE: Cannot get exclude attribute to work in a dirset.
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:37:00 GMT

billrich@wilandra.com or billrich@attglobal.net
http://www.wilandra.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Deragon [mailto:hans@deragon.biz]
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 7:46 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Cannot get exclude attribute to work in a dirset.

Greetings.

  Using 1.6.2 here.  I am trying to exclude any directory which would
contain the string "old" in its name.  Following the snippet of my
build.xml:

    <javac debug="on" verbose="off" destdir="${build}">
      <src>
        <dirset dir="/data/devel/java">
          <exclude name="**/*old*/**"/>
          <exclude name="**/*old*"/>
          <exclude name="**/*old"/>
          <exclude name="*old*"/>
        </dirset>
      </src>
    </javac>

  Yet, when I run, I see:

    [javac] StockDB.old/CieDesc.java added as StockDB.old/CieDesc.class
doesn't exist.

  First, anybody has a clue why StockDB.old is included in the list even
though I try to explicitly exclude any "old" directories?

  Second, is there a feature in ant where one could simply test
dirsets/filesets (without coding)?  It would be nice if one could create a
test build.xml file with only dirsets/filesets and have the results printed
on screen, to test if the patterns are ok.

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.     Open source: