ant-user mailing list archives

From Mr Pink <mr_pink_is_the_only_...@yahoo.com>
Subject custom task calls classes with logging = NPE
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:50:30 GMT
Hi there,

I wrote a custom task, and am having a little problem, am hoping someone can help.

I understand that Ant is closing the System.out and System.err streams and I can kinda appreciate
why it's doing that, but it's proving to be a problem for me, since my task calls various
classes
that are not aware of ant and those classes use logging and possibly even direct references
to to
System.out causing my task to fail with a NullPointerException.

In short, I'd like to know how one deals with that.

As I said, the code that my task calls isn't ant-aware, so I'd like to know if there's a way
that
my task code can handle it so that the other code doesn't have to be changed.

TIA
Mr Pink