ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: Executing for all elements in an xml document...
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:49:53 GMT
For each file listed in the XML structure you want to
perform a series of operations:  store the remote file
locally using <get>, then do some arbitrary
processing, correct?  Without knowing much about XSLT,
you might use that or some home-brewed means (custom
Task) of converting the XML to a list like you are
already using.  You might experiment with making the
conversion using regular expressions, perhaps with
AC's <propertyregexp>.  It might take a true regexp
guru, but I think it may be possible.

--- "Alan J. Zall" <> wrote:

> 	We have a nightly pull procedure that connects to a
> remote server
> via https with basic authentication and performs a
> <get> to retrieve a one
> file at a time. The owners of the remote server have
> set up the server so
> that when I submit to the root directory an xml
> representation of the
> directory is returned.
> 	My challenge is to perform a series of tasks on
> each of the files
> listed. Currently I have a list of the files
> hard-coded in a property that I
> iterate through. I would like to iterate based on
> the elements in the xml
> document. Is this possible?
> Here is the modified result of the directory listing
> <files>
> 	<file id="1"></file>
> 	<file id="2"></file>
> </files>
> Here is the hard coded property file that I use:
> agenciesList=,
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Do you Yahoo!?