ant-user mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject RE: websphere.ant.tasks / WAS 5.1
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:29:33 GMT
"Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Rebhan@huk-coburg.de> wrote ..

> Hi, Martin
>
> i hadn't any specific task in mind.
>
> We have to prepare for deploying some J2EE-Appl.
> running with WAS 5.1 under Unix (AIX).
>
> So i'm doing some spadework. Is there any predefined
> stuff shipped with WAS 5.1 we may use 'out of the box'
> or do we have to roll our own ... etc.
>
> I wanted to know about =
>
> - the requirements for runnning the was_tasks with Ant 1.6.2
>
> 	WAS ships with Ant 1.5.4, are they running with 1.6.2 ?
> 	Do i have to put the wsanttasks.jar in the Ant\bin folder and
> 	that's it ?
> 	Do i have to use the ws_ant skript in was/.../bin/ ?
> 	Any resources (examples, case studies ...) ?

IBM Webpshere Studio Application Developer 5.1.0 provides
nine Ant tasks:

             <projectBuild>
             <compileWorkspace>
             <getJavacErrorCount>
             <getProjectData>
             <setDebugInfo>
             <AppClientExport>
             <EARExport>
             <UtilJar>
             <WARExport>

the canonical series of articles for their usage is at ibm dev site

"Using Ant with Websphere Studio Application Developer"

Part 1:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/020
3_searle/searle1.html

Part 2: