ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Can Ant exit itself? solution not correct
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:59:24 GMT
Hi, i think that this will help you
<project name="thejob" basedir="."
default="do-the-job">

     <target name="do-the-job" depends="check-user"
if="is.confirmed">
         <echo message="Doing the nice build"/>
     </target>

     <target name="check-user">
         <input message="Continue? (yes/no)"
addproperty="confirm"/>
         <condition property="is.confirmed">
             <equals arg1="${confirm}" arg2="yes"
trim="true"/>
         </condition>
     </target>
</project>

Here when do-the-job target is invoked it first calls
check-user target. It asks the user for confirmation
and if she has typed in yes is.confirmed property is
set. Next do-the-job target continues and checks
whether is.confirmed is set and if so it executes.

So you place in do-the-job the stuff you want to do
after the user confirms that she does not want to edit
the properties files. The problem I foresee is if the
stuff is quite a lot, it will be ugly to be packed in
one target. You might need <ant> or <antcall> (which I
haven't used for 3 years) to call other targets from
do-the-job.

Anyway here is the output of two runs of the above
file
-------
$ ant -f thejob.xml
Buildfile: thejob.xml

check-user:
    [input] Continue? (yes/no)
yes

do-the-job:
     [echo] Doing the nice build
---------
$ ant -f thejob.xml
Buildfile: thejob.xml

check-user:
    [input] Continue? (yes/no)
no

do-the-job:

Perhaps this is what you want.

HTH Ivan

P.S. In <input> task you can use validargs to specify
the valid values the user can input.