ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Grey <haam...@haamdhani.com>
Subject Looping through a file contents
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:38:58 GMT
Hello,

I've executed an external command using ant's <exec ...> task and now have the resulting
output in a file.

How can I then step through this output file and get the values on each line which I then
need to use as parameter input to a repeated task ?

EG - my output file contains the following:
--
fred
bob

I therefore need to call a target "xyz" 3 times, with $(arg)=fred first, then $(arg)=bob etc

Or maybe my output should be dumped into a property ? Even then, how do I cycle through the
output list ?

Or am I looking at writing a <taskdef ...> from scratch ?