ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Console output for exec
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:45:42 GMT
AFAIK this functionality was originally included in
the submission to handle Process I/O in the basic way
it is handled today.  The best I can reconstruct it
after the fact, there was concern about
inconsistencies of what happens when the I/O of a
spawned process is tied to the JVM but the process
then outlives the JVM.  So in short, the code to do
what you ask has been explicitly removed from Ant at
some point in the past.

HTH,
Matt