ant-user mailing list archives

From "Perkins, Kristian" <Kristian.Perk...@ato.gov.au>
Subject RE: delete dir with wilcard
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 05:14:24 GMT
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/delete.html states that it :
"Deletes ... a specified directory and all of its files and
subdirectories ...".  I would suggest that a fileset always includes the
directory specified by the dir attribute.  How about a workaround of
<mkdir dir="${targetdir}"/> straight after the delete, other than that ?

Kristian

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: Thursday, 5 August 2004 2:29 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: delete dir with wilcard

Related to this, does anyone know how I can delete everything in a
directory, but not the directory itself?  For instance, the following is

equivalent to <delete dir="${targetdir}"/>....

         <delete includeEmptyDirs="true" quiet="true">
             <fileset dir="${targetdir}" defaultExcludes="false"
includes="**/**"/>
         </delete>

But what I'm trying to say is delete everything inside ${targetdir}, not

${targetdir} itself.  I could do the following, but it only works if the

directory is not empty already and it skips deletion of all directories
and
files immediately in the current directory if ${targetdir} isn't empty.

         <delete includeEmptyDirs="true">
             <fileset dir="${targetdir}" defaultExcludes="false"
includes="**/**" excludes="*" />
         </delete>

I've got to be missing something obvious.  Anyone?

Jake

At 11:11 AM 8/5/2004 +1000, you wrote:
>Try using <delete> with a <fileset>
>
>Kristian