ant-user mailing list archives

From "Perkins, Kristian" <Kristian.Perk...@ato.gov.au>
Subject RE: delete dir with wilcard
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:11:52 GMT
Try using <delete> with a <fileset>

Kristian

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Wallace [mailto:paulw@isell.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 5 August 2004 11:03 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: delete dir with wilcard

Hi,
         Having read the fine manual (fully?), I am still at a loss for
a solution to my problem. I want to delete a directory (and all its
contents (files/sub dirs etc)), but I do not know the name of it, all I
do know, is the path to its parent directory, and the begining of the
directory name - hence the wilcard query. My directory will always be
called jar....something. How can I remove it using Ant, with a wildcard
(or by any means). E.g:

c:\mydir\jar-1.7.0\myFile.jar

how can I do something like:

delete c:\mydir\jar*

in an Ant expression please?

thanks alot

Paul.

                            IMPORTANT

 The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, disclosure dissemination
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may result in severe penalties.
 If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the Privacy Hotline of the Australian
Taxation Office, telephone 13 28 69 and delete all copies of this transmission together with
any attachments.