ant-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Lochart" <>
Subject Re: Ant performance problem
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:49:55 GMT

I can share my performance experiences with you.  I have been using ant
since 1.3 and at times I have had performance issues bewteen varying
machines.  What it turned out to be in all situations was one of two things:
CLASSPATH or PATH cluttering.  The latter being less of an issue unless
there are older versions of ant installed and no longer in use.

Having the CLASSPATH set seemed to slow things down tremendously.  Many
IDE's and products will clutter your CLASSPATH with a lot of junk.  If you
can try ant with an empty CLASSPATH I bet you will see a boost.  If you
require your CLASSPATH to be set for other products then in the
shell/console you are running ant from simply unset the CLASSPATH before you

Personally I also either moved $ANT_HOME\bin to the top of my path and made
sure that any older versions were not getting in the way.

Try these and see if this does not solve your problem.

Also upgrading to 1.6.2  (as Martha would say) " Its a Good Thing ! "

Now I've gained some understanding
Of the only world that we see.
Things that I once dreamed of
Have become reality.