ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: compiling java to a windows executable...
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:00:25 GMT
| I know that gcj can do this, and I know that I can set compiler="gcj" in
| the javac task, but it seems that this will just compile to bytecode.
|
| Is there an ant task that will enable me to compile to a windows
| executable?

I really don't understand your question so maybe you should ignore this
note; maybe I'm just not "getting it".

In 7 years of writing Java code, I've never heard of compiling Java code to
a Windows executable. As I have always understood it, you use the 'javac'
command to compile to bytecode, then use the 'java' command to execute the
bytecode under the JVM of your choice. If your JVM happens to be a Windows
JVM, you have, in effect, a Windows executable. On the other hand, if your
JVM happens to be a Linux JVM, you have a program that will execute under
Linux.

I don't understand what you're looking for. Are you trying to find a task
that combines 'javac' and 'java' and produces something that only runs on
Windows??

Rhino