ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject handling an arbitrary elements in a custom task
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:29:35 GMT

I have a custom task within which I want to arbitrary XML and I want to
find out how I can enable this.  I've been digging around in ant docs
but without a lot of success.

In effect what I want to do is something like:

<x:block name="demo">
  <x:component name="widget" class="org.gizmo.DefaultWidget">
    <x:configuration>
      <!--
      In here I want users to be able to declare arbitrary elements.
      In effect, what I need is a mechanism to intercept ant's
      nested element handling.
      -->
    </xconfiguration>
  </x:component>
</x:block>

As in:

  <x:component name="widget" class="org.gizmo.DefaultWidget">
    <x:configuration>
      <x:whatever speed="faster"/> <!-- arbitrary user element -->
    </xconfiguration>
  </x:component>

Within my block task I need to get access to something like a DOM
Element and handle nested elements and attributes myself.

Is this possible?

Cheers, Steve.