ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nikola Banovic" <nbano...@americandatacompany.com>
Subject RE: CVS Task Fails To Execute
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:22:33 GMT
Antoine,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestions, however I still have the same problem. I even
compiled an executable (a version of the batch file), but it didn't work. It
appears that it is the CVS client that is not getting called since it
doesn't even start the executable file that calls plink.exe.

I got rid of both batch file and executable file and now my CVS_RSH is set
to plink.exe only (full path to it, just in case).

You asked me if I can run CVS using the CVS_RSH from command line. Yes, I
can. I've never had that problem.

Can you please tell me what CVS related environment variables you have set
and what those values mean.

Is there anybody out there with a similar problem?

Thanks.

Nikola

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:36 AM
To: nbanovic@americandatacompany.com
Subject: Re: CVS Task Fails To Execute

Maybe you should try to set CVS_RSH to something like "CMD /C batch_script"
or maybe this won't even work, and you need to compile somehow an executable
which does what you want.
Your problem might be that a batch script is not an executable, only cmd.exe
/c batch_script is.
you might want to add echo %* >> C:\temp\logfile.txt in your batch to find
out whether the batch is reached by cvs.exe.
Other question : can you run cvs from the command line using your CVS_RSH
value ?
Antoine