ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: mask password <input> task
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:55:34 GMT
FYI,

We've written some ant tasks for handling the encryption and decryption
of passwords, which allow us to store the encrypted passwords in a file.
 The flaw is that the tasks must have a key present, and with that key
anyone can decrypt the password.  It's still better than storing them in
plaintext and discourages the "casual browser", which works for us.

If anyone's interested in the tasks, I'd be glad to e-mail the source
and binary versions outside of the list.

Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162