ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Override ignored for property java.home
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 12:16:20 GMT
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Karlheinz Toni <toni@in.tum.de> wrote:
>> Von: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>>
>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Karlheinz Toni <toni@in.tum.de> wrote:
>>
>> > Why is the java.home property defined first.
>>
>> Because it is a system property.
>
> So why can it be changed via console parameters?

You probably can, but have to ensure you set it as a Java system
property as well.  ant -Djava.home=foo will try to set an Ant
property, in order to make it a system property it has to be passed to
the Java VM and not the Ant Launcher class.  Use the ANT_OPTS
environment variable to do so.

No matter whether it actually works or not (I've never tried to
override an internal property of the Java VM), I'd expect the results
to be unexpected in many ways.  I haven't followed the start of the
thread, but I'm afraid that setting java.home programatically is
either going to do nothing or causes more problems than it solves.

Stefan
--
http://stefanbodewig.blogger.de/