ant-user mailing list archives

From roger day <rog3r....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant: pros and cons!
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:53:31 GMT
Maybe you should look at XSLT - that is XML and is (almost and in some
cases is) a functional language.

One of the original aims for XML was that it should be hand-craftable
as well as being used for data exchange. If only I had that link
handy...

I'm with you on the last paragraph if only for a seperation of
concerns. People who write and maintain distribution configurations
are a different set to those who write build tools. In fact, I'm in
the process of writing such a language - in XML - which I've partially
described in another email to this thread. Unfortunately it's an
internal project.

Roger.

http://www.badstep.net