ant-user mailing list archives

From Juergen.Mel...@betasystems.com
Subject Re: Problems using Ant CVS command
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:01:27 GMT

Don't forget that cvsnt stroes the cvspass in the registry.

Regards,
Juergen Melzer

             Ivan Ivanov
             <rambiusparkisani
             us@yahoo.com>                                              To
                                       Ant Users List
             19.07.2004 11:00          <user@ant.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

             "Ant Users List"          Re: Problems using Ant CVS command
             <user@ant.apache.
                   org>

--- Johan Vromans CPWR
<johan.vromans@nl.compuware.com> wrote:
> Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> > I think <property name="cvspass" value="cvspass"/>
> > must be <property name="cvspass"
> value=".cvspass"/>
> >
> > CVS usually stores its passwords in .cvspass files
>
> ... which is located in your HOME directory, not in
> the current directory.

By default CVS stores the password in $HOME/.cvspass.
but location of .cvspass can be changed with Ant:
<cvs command="-q diff -u -N" output="patch.txt"
passfile=${cvspass}/>,
and you can set cvspass property to point whereever
you like.

I also sure that .cvspass location can be changed
using clients like WinCVS and maybe LinCVS, but I do
not know how this can be done with the command-line
client. A quick google found this thread[1] (pretty
old however but mentions Ant) about changing .cvspass
location.

Regards Ivan

[1]http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-cvs/2002-02/msg00099.html