ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: xslt processing and style ant task
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:14:57 GMT
> From: Nicolas Mailhot [mailto:Nicolas.Mailhot@laPoste.net]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I currently need to process and xml document via ant's 1.5.4 style
> task, using a 1.3.1 jvm and either xalan-j2 2.6.0 or saxon 6.5.3 as the
> xslt engine.
>
> A test run using libxslt's xsltproc shows the stylesheet actually does
> what I want it to do. Unfortunately the style ant task seems totally
> xinclude-ignorant. Is it possible to activate xinclude processing, maybe
> using special processor values ? Else I'll just code a stylesheet to
> merge the document since it's xinclude usage is simple and well-defined,
> but doing custom processing on a standard extension feels plain wrong.

Which document uses XInclude, the source document, or the stylesheet?
I'd guess the source, since otherwise you'd use <xsl:include> in the
stylesheet, right!?

> I'm not interested in any solution that involves changing ant version
> or installing ant extensions - a requirement of the setup is it must be
> easily deployed, and introducing new binary requirements is likely to me
> much heavier than coding a custom stylesheet.
>
> Longer-term of course having ant style ignore xinclude by default
> seems plain wrong.

It's not Xalan or Saxon that need to be XInclude-aware, but the XML parser
you are using. Just switch to using such a parser, by configuring the VM to
use this parser (using the standard JAXP way of doing such a thing).

The fact that Ant comes bundled with Xerces might get in the way though...

--DD