ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: mask password <input> task
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:34:00 GMT
> From: Khehra, Sukh []
> I want the password to not echo back on the screen when typed.
> I searched the mailing list and found some postings from last year that
> basically said that due to a limitation of the java class, this
> cannot be done.
> I was wondering if that has changed since then. Has anyone come up with a
> solution to this? Using GUI, scp, rcp is not an option for me.

I don't think anything changed. The only way to mask the password would be
to implement your own input method using a native library (and JNI). Hey,
somebody already has ;-) It's called Java readline, and it's at . I'm not sure it would allow masking
the password, but it might. Check it out. --DD

PS: I ran across Java readline thru

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message