ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic compilation
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:50:05 GMT
> From: alan [mailto:alanbrown@pacbell.net]
>
> Subant did look like it was going to do the trick.  However, my problem
> became that the build file in the subdirectory was being run as if it were
> in the higher directory so all my relative links were off.
>
> Is there a way to make the build files called by subant recognize their
> own directory as the base directory for relative references.
>
> I tried setting the basedir property for the slave build file but that
> didn't work (I thought it would).  InheritAll and inheritRefs don't appear
> to do what I'd like them to either.
>
> Am I on the right track?

I think so. When I use <subant>, the sub-build's basedir is honored. It
often a source of pb with <ant> and <subant>. Did you check the doc about
it? At least <ant> as a table describing how the basedir is computed
depending on the attributes/elements used, and maybe <subant> has it too. If
you don't figure it out on your own, post some build snippets. --DD