ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Not a FAQ? make-like build prerequisites
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:12:00 GMT
Ant has a different philosophy that make, and it requires a bit of time to
'get it' or do the mental shift compared to makefiles.

That said, Peter Reilly developed in Ant-Contrib a task called <outofdate>
whose purpose is to emulate in Ant makefile-like dependencies between files.

But note that quite a few task do dependency checking automatically in the
so
you should reserve usage of <outofdate> to situation where there's no
'intelligent' task to do what's needed. --DD