ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kataria, Satish" <Satish.kata...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: How to set common properties?
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:26:52 GMT
You can create a properties file with name value pair

E.g
base.dir=c:\
Deploy.dir:c:\dist

And then ask ant to include that properties file with a command line
argument

E.g ant <targetname> -Dant.developer.properties=<urpropertiesfilename>

Then include the properties file in the build.xml . The syntax wld be

 <property file="$ant.developer.properties"/>

I think this shld do the trick.

Thanks,
Satish Kataria

-----Original Message-----
From: Angeshwar Deepak [mailto:angeshwar@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 3:23 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: How to set common properties?

Hi,

I have a set some properties with attributes
name and value.

e.g.

<property name="deploy.home"
value="${build.test.report.html}/${component}"/>
<property name="deploy.src"
location="${src}/documentation/content/xdocs/${component}"/>

I want the same set of property names to be used in a
different xml file.
How can I include it.

i.e. in a different xml file I want to use something
like

<copy todir="${deploy.home}">
</copy>

and still want ant to understand the content of
${deploy.home}.

How can this be done.

bye,
with regards,