ant-user mailing list archives

From "Demyanovich, Craig - Apogent" <cdemyanov...@apogent.com>
Subject Can't verify integrity of Ant 1.6.2 downloads
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:00:31 GMT
Greetings all,

I've been unable to verify the integrity of the Ant 1.6.2 downloads.  While
I've never had a problem with any Ant downloads in the past, I'm trying to
be more cautious about all downloads these days.  Below I describe my
attempts to verify the Ant 1.6.2 downloads and the results that I obtained.

md5sum on Windows and Mac OS X
==============================
Below is the result of running a Windows version of md5sum [1] on the MD5
signature file for the Ant 1.6.2 Zip file.

$ md5sum -c apache-ant-1.6.2-bin.zip.md5
md5sum: apache-ant-1.6.2-bin.zip.md5: no properly formatted MD5 checksum
lines found

Also, I received the same message on Mac OS X (10.3.4) using its md5sum
program on the MD5 signature file for the Ant 1.6.2 tar.gz file.

GnuPG on Mac OS X
=================
Finally, I installed gnupg 1.2.4 on Mac OS X via fink [2].  Following the
directions on the Ant web site to verify the integrity of downloads produced
this result.  (KEYS import completed but not shown).

redstar:~/downloads admin$ gpg --verify apache-ant-1.6.2-bin.tar.gz.asc
gpg: Signature made Fri Jul 16 03:59:58 2004 EDT using DSA key ID 265B4C63
gpg: Good signature from "Antoine Levy-Lambert (Apache Ant Committer)
<antoine@apache.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Antoine Levy-Lambert (Apache Ant Committer)
<antoine@antbuild.com>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 06A2 28AA B83A 18A8 DF7B  84B0 8614 D6AB 265B 4C63
redstar:~/downloads admin$

Since this is the first time that I've used gnupg, I'm not sure of the
results.  The warning, then, indicates to me a failure.