ant-user mailing list archives

From "Daniels, Doug" <Doug.Dani...@gdc4s.com>
Subject Photo Album website generation using ANT
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:12:56 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what external tools I could use with ANT to automate
the building/updating of an online photo album.

Here is the scenario:

I take digital photos every weekend or so and I store them in a directory IE: c:\photos\ThisWeek-2004-07-26

Then I use Dreamweaver/Fireworks to create a Web Photo Album with thumbnails and specified
thumbnails per line etc. It then outputs it to c:\web\photos\ThisWeek-2004-07-26\index.html

So I was thinking it'd be nifty if I could piece together some kind of ANT solution that would
let me do all this by running an ant script in my c:\photos directory that would check if
all my generated albums are up to date, and if not it would generate the necessary ones in
c:\web\photos.

So I've looked into the external tools and I think I'm going to need to use the ANT image
processing tasks from:
Jakarta ANT Image: http://www.mullassery.com/software/ANT/

Also using FMPP for creating the static HTML pages http://fmpp.sourceforge.net/

I was thinking maybe I could provide some kind of XML style for how each photoalbum should
look like, and be able to change it in the ANT command.

So I was thinking the ANT command would look something like this:

<WebPhotoAlbum src="C:\photos\ThisWeek-2004-07-26" dest="c:\web\photos\ThisWeek-2004-07-26"/>

and then there would be additional optional paramaters for things like: thumbWidth, thumbHeight,
thumbCol, scale (scale original to smaller % version). Maybe even a style="style.xsl" or .xml,
depending on how the photoalbum style is defined.

Then I could use ant-contrib foreach task to loop over every directory in C:\photos, generating

<WebPhotoAlbubm src="${PhotoAlbum}" dest="${destDir}\${AlbumName}"/>

Has anyone attempted anything like this or has any ideas on how I should proceed?

~Doug Daniels