ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: AW: AW: Batch script with arguments
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:01:36 GMT
> My environment used to be (b) and I changed to
> (a). What happens is the following. Different
> developers are extracting data from cvs on their
> local machine, this does not happen simultaneously,
> and eventually perform some changes on it.

Usual thing.

> Since not everbody has Ant on his/her machine

Maybe on share.

> I wanted to have a central point to call Ant from, but
> still providing a means of localizing the sources of the
> user that calls it. Ant then compiles and makes a
> jar which is then placed in the proper deployment
> directory.

Usually you have two different parts:
- the project sources
- the tools (like cvs, ant, jdk)

The sources are helt in a scm system. Part of the sources is the buildfile.
Therefore the buildfile is everywhere at the same location: the
rootdirectory
of the project.
Doesnt matter whether its on c:\myproject or /user/jhm/java/myproject.
The programmer changes to that rootdirectory and after that all is
identical.

And the buildfile uses relative paths which are resolved against ${basedir}
which defaults to the directory of the buildfile itself.

> Bare in mind that the use of ant and cvs in our
> project is in the rookie stage, in the near future I
> plan to integrate them properly with the ant tasks :-)

Good luck.