ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: AW: Batch script with arguments
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 10:27:33 GMT
> > It would be easier to place a property file in their
> > home directory.
>
> This is what I thought also, but it depends how the
> server is set up and whether users connect as
> different users.

What is your environment?
a) a server and all users are working there (Ant runs on the server)
b) a server and several clients which have a network drive (mount) to the
server
   (Ant runs locally)

I think all should be fine with ${user.home}/project.properties

> > User input is not required if the properties are
> > already set.
> > Therefore you can specify a property file on
> > automatic invocation and
> > you´ll got an unattended run.
> >
> Hm, i didn't knew that. Is that mean that I have a
> properties file with
> project.src.dir=/home/Ivan/project/myproject/src
>
> load it with in my build script and then call
> <input message="Enter source directory"
> addproperty="project.src.dir"/>,
>
> a prompt won't appear since project.src.dir is already
> set.

Yes.

The scenario would be:
<project name"test">
    <property file="${user.home}/${ant.project.name}.properties"/>
    <input message="Enter source directory" addproperty="project.src.dir"/>
</project>

If there is a "test.properties" in the user home directory containing that
"project.src.dir" key, the input is skipped. Otherwise the user is asked.

Jan