ant-user mailing list archives

From "Day, Jem BGI SF" <>
Subject RE: What continuous integration tool would you recommend?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:55:43 GMT

You could try 'cruisecontrol'

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey N. Solofnenko []
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:43 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: What continuous integration tool would you recommend?

  I have a Jython script that constantly watches ClearCase view for
changes and starts a build. It also sends emails to people who checked
in files since the last good build and some other "special" people. The
main difference from what I see is available - is the behaviour of my
script when a build fails - it waits for some time and then starts
"smart" build - it tries to certify different subsets of changes
separately (different people changes, random directories, last chance -
random files). The script also keeps some statistics in order to be able
to guess "good" changes better. Plus any builds after a failed build
execute the last failed target(s) first, to make retries faster (it uses
patch 21421 plus some not submitted patches for "-sooner" option).

  Now people want some interactivity - stopping builds, web reports,
disable some people changes via WEB interface,... I guess I could host a
Jython script within a servlet and deal with the threading issues, but
maybe there is a solution already that I can adopt to do a similar thing
that I have already. There are new tools coming every month. Can you
recommend something for me to look at?

- Alexey.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: