ant-user mailing list archives

From "David F. White" <dwh...@opentext.com>
Subject Easy Question: Rename a Directory
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:41:54 GMT

Is there an easy way to rename a directory that doesn't have a performance
drain?  The Ant documentation states that the "<Rename>" task has been
deprecated and to use "<Move>" instead.  However, all the examples I've
seen with the "<Move>" task involve moving all the files and
sub-directories to the new directory and then deleting the old directory:

<move todir="${temp.dir}/newname" includeEmptyDirs="true" overwrite="true">
         <fileset dir="${temp.dir}/oldname"/>
</move>

This is not an acceptable solution.  All I want to do is re-name a
directory; I don't want to "move" any of its contents.  Does anyone have
another solution?

Thanks...

Dave White