ant-user mailing list archives

From Gregory Gimler <>
Subject xmlproperty
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:41:01 GMT

     I'm having a few issues when trying to make use of the xmlproperty
feature in ant.  If I'm trying to put a reference to a classpath id I
declare in the xml properties file it only seems to work if I have a
specific <pathelement location="some/location/file"/>  nested.  If I try
and use filesets with patterns it doesn't seem to work.  I noticed there
weren't any examples of doing this with filesets on the ant manual but it
said it could support path structures which I thought did include
filesets?  Is there something I'm doing wrong here or is it just not
supported?  If not, will it be supported?  Thanks.

Here are the relevant bits of my build:

<project name="test" default="build">

        <xmlproperty file="properties.xml"

        <property name="srcdir" value="src"/>

      <target name="build" description="builds" >
          <javac srcdir="${srcdir}"
              <classpath refid="run-time.classpath"/>

     <version value="0.0.1"/>
     <build folder="lib">
       <classes id="lib.classes" location="lib"/>
       <reference refid="lib.classes"/>
       <classpath pathid="compile.classpath">
         <pathelement location="${lib.classes}"/>
       <classpath pathid="run-time.classpath">
         <path refid="compile.classpath"/>
		<pathelement location="lib/sample.jar"/>
		<!-- commented out right now but when used over above line id didn't work
		<fileset dir="lib">
                          <include name="**/*.jar"/>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: