ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob, Anil - MWT" <Jacob.A...@menlolog.com>
Subject RE: copying to a fileset [was ant 1.6.2beta1 available]
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 18:04:12 GMT
Sure,
For example take this
<copy todir="../new/dir">
    <fileset dir="src_dir"/>
  </copy>
Here we see that the fileset let's the user select the source directory
from where we can copy stuff to the todir(destination).
Is there an option wherein the destination directory can also be
selected as a fileset.

Look at this thread which I had created in June. I guess Matt answered
my question but I just wanted to clarify it.

You mean you want to place a copy of the file into
each subdirectory?  You will want to use nested
<mapper>s with your <copy> command; this is in CVS
HEAD and will be a part of the imminent Ant 1.6.2
release.

-Matt

--- "Jacob, Anil - MWT" <Jacob.Anil@menlolog.com>
wrote:

>  The tasks like copy etc can use fileset for the
> source. Is it possible
> to use fileset for the destination?
>
> For example
> I want to copy a file to a set of sub directories in
> a directory wherein
> the sub directories can be refered to as
> *directoryname.
>
> Thanks
> Anil

Anil