ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to check dependent classes is up-to-date
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:44:49 GMT
At 08:16 AM 7/15/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a project ( call it 'A') where the compile target is dependent on
>the classes of another project ( call it 'B'). The classes from B should
>be in the classpath for A when we compile. How can I check that the
>classes from B is up-to-date?
>
>All hints are very much appreciated!
>
>//Mikael

What I did was use <ant> to call the other build to build itself.  The
target I call in that build depends on a target which checks if things are
up-to-date and, if so, skips the rest of the build which allows for the
<ant> call to exit quickly without actually having built anything.  The
result of the dependent build is a jar file which I point to in my current
build's classpath.  Everything always stays up to date.

Jake