ant-user mailing list archives

From Venkata Chengalvala <chengalv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Does ANT introduce ^M characters in the classpath during the build for an ear
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 01:51:28 GMT
I am trying to add some external jar files to the MANIFEST.MF to build
an ear file xxx.ear. All the required jar files have been added under
xxx.ear and also to the MANIFEST.MF under xxx.ear/META-INF directory.
1.
Initially we have added the classpath with more than 72 characters
which was causing most of the jar files to get unrecognized.
2.
Thanks to your suggestion, we have corrected the problem in the
MANIFEST. Now there are some of the jar files in the MANIFEST.MF (dbcp
related jars, log4j.jars) and the actual jar file under xxx.ear.

3.
There were no errors during the ANT build and ear file deployment went
well. But when the client tries to invoke the methods present in the
EJB , we are getting log4j related errors and dbcp related errors as
these jars are not getting recognized though present in the
MANIFEST.MF and the actual files under xxx.ear.

As an alternative I am thinking of adding the jar files that are not
getting into classpath through MANIFEST.MF, to JVM classpath for the
WebSphere or as external libraries as they are common utilities for
all the WebSphere JVM's.

Please let me know of your suggestions.

I agree with you that the J2EE spec may not restrict  ^M characters ,
but for one working in UNIX environment it is something which is not
prefered. Also ANT is trimming the leading white spaces that we added
before each new line in the classpath in the MANIFEST.MF , and I
amsure it needs to be improved.

--Regards
Venkata Chengalvala