ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Brown" <abr...@symyx.com>
Subject RE: testing for the existence of a file...
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:13:13 GMT

Maybe I didn't explain my situation properly, or maybe I just couldn't
see how uptodate helps me.

I'm creating, during my build process, a tree of directories, the leaf
nodes of which will have files of type .xyz.

I wish to use subant to run a standard build file against all
directories that contain .xyz files.  I'm therefore using the
genericantfile attribute and the direst element to define the set of
directories.  Currently I'm just setting the dir attribute of the direst
element to 'root' so the subant task will run my generic buildfile
against all directories under 'root'.

Therefore, when running the sub build file I need to first see if there
is a file of type .xyz.  If there isn't then the rest of the build
process is aborted.

I've used uptodate before and am familiar with it, but I don't see how
it can help my situation as I am not comparing the last modified dates
of a target and a source.

alan