ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Brown" <abr...@symyx.com>
Subject setting system properties from an ant task...
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:36:52 GMT
I'm using <taskdef> to define a custom ant task and setting the
classpathref attribute to tell ant the classpath from which to load the
classes.

However, withing the custom task I am compiling another set of classes
(after building the source) and I want to pass on the same classpath to
the compiler

<taskdef name="redc"
                 classpathref="red.classpath"
                 classname="com.test.SomeAntTask"/>

so in the code I have...

argList.add("-classpath");
argList.add(System.getProperty("java.class.path"));

However the system property java.class.path is not the same as the
classpath defined as red.classpath

Am I misunderstanding how this should work?  Doesn't the classpathref
refer to the classpath that will be used by the custom ant task?  Isn't
that classpath retrievable via the 'java.class.path' system property?

Thanks for any guidance on this, even if it's just to tell me that my
assumptions are correct and that I should keep staring at my code until
it unveils a silly mistake I must have made.

alan