ant-user mailing list archives

From Collin VanDyck <col...@hannonhill.com>
Subject MailLogger stopped working for me going from 1.5.1 -> 1.6.2
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:19:27 GMT
Hello!

Having a bit of a problem -- I needed to switch to Ant 1.6 so that I
could use spawn="true" with my exec task, but in the process my
MailLogger stopped working.

I use a .bat file to spawn ant:

ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger
convert-7001-to-sqlserver

And I set my properties in a file that is references in a secondary
build file using

<property file="testenv.maillogger.properties"/>

That properties file is defined as:

MailLogger.from=[omitted]
MailLogger.user=[omitted]
MailLogger.password=[omitted]
MailLogger.success.to=[omitted]
MailLogger.failure.to=[omitted]
MailLogger.success.subject=Test Environment Build Successful
MailLogger.failure.subject=Test Environment Build Failure
MailLogger.mailhost=[omitted]

The MailLogger is being invoked, because if I comment out these
properties, the MailLogger throws an exception saying "No
MailLogger.success.to" defined, or something similar.

However, when my properties are set as such (above), it seems to not
even attempt to connect to the MailServer.  If I omit the
MailLogger.from property, it connects to the mail server which then
sends back a "Cannot relay" message (correctly).

This was working for me OK with 1.5.1. Is there something I'm missing?
I've invoked ant with both -verbose and -debug (separately), but they
don't give me any information about what the logger is doing.

Thanks for any help!
Collin