ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Depend task question
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:32:30 GMT

Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB) wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the nice explanation. Really good!!! This should be included before every
compilation to avoid dependency errors.

> But to check and see if my classes that I should add to classpath is uptodate do I have
to add a javac task?

> BR

In general, you should put a <depend> task just before each <javac> task
to ensure your classes are uptodate. In a perfect world depend's
functionality might be part of javac but it's not a perfect world :-).
Also note that depend is not perfect and will not pick up some
dependencies - most notably use of static finals do not result in class
dependencies in the bytecode.

Conor