ant-user mailing list archives

From Rob Shepherd <robs...@informatics.bangor.ac.uk>
Subject including classes from same higher level package
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:02:42 GMT
Hello, I have split my source up into different projects

in project one i have

org/myorg/*.java
org/myorg/pkgA/*.java
org/myorg/pkgB/*.java

in another project, project 2, i have

org/myorg/pkgZ/*.java

I have an ant script to compile project 2 no probs and make jar P2.jar

but project one has small dependancy on part of project 2

so i compile with

<javac srcdir="/java/p1/src/java/" >
	<classpath>
	   <pathelement location="/java/p2/P2.jar" />
	</classpath>
</javac>

But to no avail... I get package org.myorg.pkgZ does not exist

how do I make javac see that the classes are not in the source path to be compiled, but in

the classpath as a lib.???

i've tried various attempts at includes and excludes but to no avail...

many thanks

best regards

Rob

--