ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <>
Subject Re: Ant+xslt question
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:51:45 GMT
I am doing something like that, but not with XSLT. I have written a
Jython (Java Python) script to generate ANT build files. Using a Java
based scripting language does not add new requirements (Jython is just a
Jar file + modules). Before that I was using Perl, but it would require
every build computer to have Perl installed.

- Alexey.

Chris wrote:

>I just had a quick conceptual question for those with experience using
>XSLT to generate Ant build files.  I have an application that is created
>from a handful of different projects that all have similar build files.
>Is the general idea to run my configuration xml file through a
>translation to get a generic build file and then pipe that output
>through smaller translations for each particular project to change
>anything that is particular to a project?  I just want to make sure I'm
>thinking about this the right way and not missing something that might
>be simpler.
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: