ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <>
Subject Re: Mapper: renaming + flattening
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:29:30 GMT
Your example works fine for me.
<target name="c">
    <mkdir dir="Dir-a/subdir"/>
    <mkdir dir="Dir-b/subdir"/>
    <mkdir dir="Dir-c/subdir"/>
    <touch file="Dir-a/subdir/file.template"/>
    <touch file="Dir-b/subdir/file.template"/>
    <touch file="Dir-c/subdir/file.template"/>
    <mkdir dir="dest"/>
    <copy todir="dest">
      <fileset dir="." includes="Dir-*/subdir/file.template"/>
      <mapper type="regexp" from="Dir-(.*)/subdir/file\.template$$"

Created dir: /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-a/subdir
Created dir: /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-b/subdir
Created dir: /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-c/subdir
Creating /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-a/subdir/file.template
Creating /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-b/subdir/file.template
Creating /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/Dir-c/subdir/file.template
Created dir: /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/dest
Copying 3 files to /home/preilly/learning/a/copy/dest

Patrick Martin wrote:

>I want to copy files somewhere renaming them after their path.
>For example, I have the following tree:
>And I want to copy those 3 files as
>Here is what I tried:
><copy todir="dest">
>  <fileset dir="." includes="Dir-*/subdir/file.template"/>
>  <mapper type="regexp" from="Dir-(.*)/subdir/file\.template$$"
>But nothing gets copied and there is no error output. With -debug, it seems
>that the copy task does not find any file...
>I also tried the following mapper, with the same result:
>  <mapper type="glob" from="Dir-*/subdir/file.template" to="*.file"/>
>Thank you,
>Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message is
>intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s)
>named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or
>an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
>hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any
>review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
>prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
>us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.
>Message confidentiel : Les informations contenues dans ce message sont
>destinees a un usage personnel et confidentiel du destinataire indique
>ci-dessus. Si le lecteur de ce message n'est pas le destinataire prevu, ou
>n'est pas une personne en charge de le delivrer au destinataire voulu, vous
>etes par la presente informe que vous avez recu ce document par erreur, et
>que tout examen, transmission, distribution ou copie de ce message est
>totalement interdit. Si vous avez recu cette communication par erreur, nous
>vous remercions de bien vouloir nous avertir immediatement par e-mail et de
>detruire le message d'origine.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message