ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Collins" <scoll...@bea.com>
Subject Enhancement wanted: Exceptions in Filter Chains do not display the file on which it's acting
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:30:36 GMT

When a filter chain is being executed, say in a <copy> task, I would like to know what
file on which the filter was executing against when the filter throws a BuildException.  Currently,
1.6.1 does not display this information.  Also, if it does throw an exception, that file in
the <copy> destination directory should not be created so that on the second invocation
of the <copy> the file does get copied otherwise to the user, it appears that the <copy>
completed successfully.

I use this because I have enhanced <expandproperties/> to throw an exception if the
property it found in the file does not exist.  This also would be a nice enhancement.

Thanks, Steve