ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to set common properties?
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:37:41 GMT
Hi,
${component} will get expanded to its value only
it has been defined in the properties file or in the
build file.
I still do not understand what you are trying to do
can you give some more information on what and why you
want this?

Regards Ivan
--- Angeshwar Deepak <angeshwar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a file common.properties and the data in
> the
> file is
>
> #common.properties
> component.dir=${component}
>
> Then I incllude the foloowing in the new xml file
>
> <property name="common.properties.location"
> value="../_setup" />
> <property

file="${common.properties.location}/common.properties"
> />
>
> On running the build with verbose.
>
> init-props:
> Override ignored for property project.home
> D:\deepak\buildProcess_2\_setup\common.properties
> Property ${component} has not been set
> D:\deepak\buildProcess_2\logging\forrest.properties
>
> ********* Project home: ${component}

> On echoing I simply get the ${component} and not the
> substituted string.
>
> Whwere doI go wrong.
>
> bye,
> with regards,
> Deepak.
> --- Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisanius@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi there are several ways
> > 1) externalize the properties in property file:
> > #common.properties
> > deploy.home=${build.test.report.html}/${component}
> > in your build xml files do
> > <property name="commom.properties.location"
> > value="...">
> > <property

file="${commom.properties.location}/common.properties">
> > and then you can use the properties defined in the
> > common.properties file. You need only to adjust
> its
> > location.
> >
> > 2) Use <import>
> > Create commonprops.xml and define your properties
> > there
> > <!-- commonprops.xml-->
> > <project name="commonprops" basesdir=".">
> > <property name="deploy.home"
> > value="${build.test.report.html}/${component}"/>
> > <property name="deploy.src"

location="${src}/documentation/content/xdocs/${component}"/>