ant-user mailing list archives

From Angeshwar Deepak <angesh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to set common properties?
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:06:51 GMT
Hi,

May be I was not clear last time, in the example I had
mentioned, I have a defined path for ${component}.

I want this ${component} 's path alone to be repeated.
i.e. In my new xml file I should simply be able to
specify
... href="${component}"
and ant should refer to the corresponding path
referred in some other file.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.
--- Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisanius@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi there are several ways
> 1) externalize the properties in property file:
> #common.properties
> deploy.home=${build.test.report.html}/${component}
> in your build xml files do
> <property name="commom.properties.location"
> value="...">
> <property

file="${commom.properties.location}/common.properties">
> and then you can use the properties defined in the
> common.properties file. You need only to adjust its
> location.
>
> 2) Use <import>
> Create commonprops.xml and define your properties
> there
> <!-- commonprops.xml-->
> <project name="commonprops" basesdir=".">
> <property name="deploy.home"
> value="${build.test.report.html}/${component}"/>
> <property name="deploy.src"

location="${src}/documentation/content/xdocs/${component}"/>